This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WhatMattersToU #CollectiveBias
Morning Sassy Peeps!
I remember it like it was yesterday! I was up at about 6AM in the morning putting the final touches on my makeup and hair for a photo shoot, and just as I excitedly turned to head to the other room, BOOM down I went. I heard a scream come out of my mouth that I had never heard before and a few minutes later I sat up, and said to myself, “What just happened?” I moved my leg easily, but a portion of my foot didn’t move at all and that’s when I panicked. I instantly said out loud, “I think I broke my ankle, SHOOT!” The feeling was so strange! I swear I never want to experience anything like that again! After I pulled myself together, I got up, balanced myself on the good foot, hopped to the car and drove myself to the hospital. My family couldn’t believe I didn’t call the ambulance! They were so annoyed. Afterwards I couldn’t believe it either. LOL! However, instincts kicked in and I went into survival mode. If there is a next time and I am praying to the father above that there won’t be, I will definitely call someone.
It has been almost 3 years now and believe it or not I am still in recovery mode. Although it is more mental than physical I am definitely not 100% healed. It wasn’t until recently that I started to feel more like the “Old Dawn”, the before the fall Dawn. With my break came a ton of unwanted issues. Issues like trauma, insecurity and that one thing we all HATE the most, WEIGHT GAIN! #YUK! I actually think I was in denial for a while. Well not anymore Hunty. Since I finally decided to tell myself the ugly truth, I am back to working out four to five times a week. I am also excited to say that I have incorporated bike riding into my routine.
I originally started out riding really short distances. I am currently up to like six miles round trip. You know the old saying, you learn as you go, well I have learned a few lessons along this way. I remember the first time I went the full six. I was so proud of myself. Although, when I got to the three mile mark I was like OMG! I was tired, hot, sweaty, hungry, thirsty, and to top it off I was super uncomfortable because it was that time of the month. At that very moment I knew there were a few things I needed to pack for a fun filled day of bike riding. Check them out below….
Since my horrible yet awesome first six mile experience, the evening before I am scheduled to ride, I always check to ensure I have everything on hand. Needless to say, each item on my list is very important, but there are a few bike riding must haves I just won’t leave home without. The two I immediately think of are The NEW Style ‘N Store Packs of U by Kotex® Cleanwear® Ultra Thin Pads – Regular 29 count, and the U by Kotex® Barely There® Liners – 80 count. I have to tell you guys I simply love these products. I also love that I can get them at Walmart. I have shopped at Walmart for years, and I am confident that they along with U by Kotex care about what matters most to me when I am on my period. Having what I need when I need it most matters a lot to me. #WHATMATTERSTOU?!?!!?
Now read a little further for my entire list of essentials….
- Water for hydration – Staying hydrated is key when out on the road. Depending on the distance I am traveling, I always pack at least 2 or 3 bottles of water NOTE: Hydration is key for your body’s performance.
- ID – Keep your ID with you at all times. Unfortunately, unexpected event happen in our day to day lives. So having your ID is a must! #NeverLeaveHomeWithoutIt!
- Cash/Credit Card – Same for Cash/Credit Cards – You don’t want to find yourself in any situation where cash/credits are needed.
- Sun Screen – Sun Screen is SUPER IMPORTANT especially when out in this South Florida sun for long periods of tie. I had to learn that hard way. LOL! Trust me you ALWAYS want to stay protected.
- Energy Bar or healthy snack of your choice – You won’t starve without it. However, You always want to keep your energy level high when taking part in activities of this nature. Energy Bars or any healthy snack always does the trick in my case. However, I always go for apples. Don’t ask me way!
- The NEW Style ‘N Store Pack of U by Kotex® Cleanwear® Ultra Thin Pads – Regular 29 count. These are so handy. I love that they always keep me comfortable and leak free. NOTE: These awesome pads are a new everyday item at Walmart. I love the 4 unique designs and the drawer feature for easy storage is super convenient.
- The NEW Style ‘N Store Pack of U by Kotex® Barely There® Liners – 80 count. Same for these. Staying comfortable and leak free is what matters to me. NOTE: These awesome pads are a new everyday item at Walmart. I love the 4 unique designs and the drawer feature for easy storage is super convenient.
- Cell Phone – In case of emergency you always want to keep this little device handy. Outside of being able to place a call, most phones double as a camera. God forbid, but if you witness or are involved in an accident you will definitely need your phone.
- Portable Charger – Take your portable charger just in case your phone runs out of juice.
- Towel – I always keep a towel with me to wipe me face. It is so hot I find myself constantly sweating and I like to dab my face every so often.
So Sassy Peeps! What matters most to you when you’re on your period? Is it staying leak free and comfortable like me or is it something else? Inquiring minds would like to know.
Also don’t forget to stop by your local Walmart so they can help you feel more confident and more “yourself” with all of your period care solutions. Additionally, for a limited time only, you get up to $25 in rewards just for you by purchasing U by Kotex® at Walmart! U by Kotex® & Walmart = Trust, Value & Convenience!
Here’s how it works:
Purchase 2 packs of U by Kotex® products at Walmart (Any Variation). Additionally, text UbyKotex to 811811 and upload a photo of your receipt, and then go to UbyKotexrewards.com and register to choose your customized reward! Last by not less, the offer is live through 9/30/16.
to learn more about U by Kotex visit the Website!
Have A Happy Healthy, and Remember to Always…