As an adult I have had the privilege of traveling to many amazing places. However, it was only recently that I started traveling as a media influencer. I remember the first time Ford invited me to attend an event in Pheonix, AZ. I was both excited and in disbelief! I initially asked myself, “Is this a HOAX”?!?!?! Instead of contacting the sender; like any sane person would do, I got on the phone with friends and family and asked if they thought it was legit. LOL! Once they calmed me down, I reached out to Ford and found out that they did in fact send the invite. Over the past few months, I have attended other out of state events and during this time learned tips that has helped to ensure my devices remain healthy and I stay connected.
I can’t lie both excite me to the fullest! However, responsibility #2 is escalated when you are apart of media. 🙂 This is why I started preparing a gear checklist before hitting the road. During these types of events you have to ensure you are promoting via your social media platforms and if your devices die you are totally screwed. I am still traumatized when I think about the second media drive I attended in Beverly Hills, CA. We were deep in the Santa Monica Mountains and I noticed that my phone was close to running out of juice. Thank God it didn’t, but that entire experience was a wake up call.
- Luggage on wheels – As a woman luggage on wheels is much easier to handle than a large tote or standard suitcase.
- Laptop or IPad – This varies in most cases. However, I like taking my IPad because it is much smaller and gets the job done.
- Camera – I have a GE Camera. However, from my experience most people prefer Nikon or Canon.
- Phone w/great camera #Samsunggirl! 🙂 – You always want to have a back up just in case something happens to your camera. You never want to put yourself in that type of position.
- Tripod for Phone or Camera – You can find a tripod for your camera at any electronics store. However, if interested in purchasing a tripod for your phone you may have to order it online.
- Portable Battery Pack #Samsunggirl! 🙂 – This goes back to what I mentioned above. You never want your devices to run out of juice while you are out on the road.
- Selfie Stick – These are great for group shots or when you need to get the perfect angle of you and an object. #Loveit!
I am sure I will continuously tweak my checklist, but at the moment it fits my needs! So tell me do you have any ESSENTIAL TRAVEL GEAR TIPS? I would love to hear them.