This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyCaregivingStory #CollectiveBias
Happy Monday Sassy Peeps!I hope all is well! I am usually always excited to tell folks that I am a Floridian. However, over the last few days that excitement was replaced with an eeekkkkk!
I am sure almost everyone on the planet knows that Hurricane Matthew was here with vengeance, and had everyone on the edges of their seats and ready to run, sprint, drive, and fly in the opposite direction. This was my first hurricane and I had no idea what to expect. During those couple of days I learned a lot about not only hurricane preparation, but also myself and I have to admit I was totally freakin out. My nerves were literally shot. Luckily my mom kept me as clam as possible and as you can read I am still alive and kickin.
The storm left behind stories of devastating disaster along the Mid-Atlantic, which included Haiti, the Bahamas, and Florida. I am still thanking God every day that it caused little to no damage in my area. I still can’t believe that we didn’t even lose power. #ItWasAMiracle!
During those frightening few days all plans were either canceled or postponed. However, since the damage in my area was nothing like what we planned for or expected they were back on only a few days later.
Since it’s just me and my mom here in South Florida, we try to go road trippin together a couple times a year. Recently we have become a lot closer so I always get excited just thinking about our time together. I know it might not sound like a big deal, but the thing is, these trips are about more than two gals hitting the road. They are also about us finding our way back to one another after several disconnected years. Looking back it is so obvious to me that we both have matured a great deal.
This year’s beach trip marks the second 2016 road trip for the Gibson Gals. The first one was on the 4th of July and we had a great time! Although we always switch up our adventures they are always about discovery. On this last one I ended up discovering that my mom needs me now more than ever. We are both getting older and lately I have noticed that I am playing multiple rolls in this relationship, daughter, friend, homey and caregiver.
Our 4th was amazing, but it was unfortunate to find out that when we were well on our way she had forgotten several of her important essentials. Two of those were her Depend® Fit-Flex® Underwear for Women and Poise® Liners – LightAbsorbency. OK! I know it doesn’t sound like a big deal and it usually wouldn’t have been, but when you plan to just drive, while making pit stops along the way, you will find out very quickly that you might not see anything that remotely resembles a store for miles. However, I didn’t get my panties in a bunch; I just made her listen to my favorite rap music for a few hours. HAHA! She objected at first, but I think she was totally into my music flow. Since I usually only purchase her Fit-Flex and absorbency products at Sam’s Club, I pulled out my phone and googled the nearest Sam’s Club. I was pleasantly surprised to find out that there was one located only ten miles away.
Why, Sam’s you might ask….Well there are several different reasons. Check them out below:
- We both love the new Poise and Depend Sam’s Club packaging. It shows just how much you save by shopping specially at Sam’s Club. For a thrifty girl like me that means EVERYTHING!
- I also love the Sam’s Club Family Caregiving program. This program makes it so easy for caregivers such as me. It is a one-stop destination for all of your caregiving needs. Which include prescription refills, personal care products, and free health screenings. #Loveit!
- NOTE: For those who need Depend products, when you open your Depend packaging it will have a sticker inside that you can use to redeem at the pharmacy for an awesome caregiver sample kit. This offer is available while supplies last, so hurry in today to find your packaging with this offer! Although I have not done so at this very moment I plan to redeem this offer on my next visit.
- Additionally, When you download the Digimarc Discovery app, you can scan anywhere on the Depend packaging, and it will drive you to the Sam’s Club Caregiver website.
I think they totally made these products with my mom in mind. Although she needs the Depend® Fit-Flex® she is still a very vibrate and sexy women. They are now even more flexible then before and they provide all-around leg elastics and a smooth, close-to-body fit allowing her to still feel confident. She also loves that they are very discrete and doesn’t look and feel bulky.
To be honest, some days are better than others in this area, and on those days she reaches for her Poise® Light Absorbency Liners. She loves these as well because they are specifically designed for Light Bladder Leakage (LBL), Poise® incontinence liners stay 3x drier than leading period-only liners.
Based off our previous trip and my new caregiver title I packed BOTH our bags. Although, when heading to the beach our essentials are all about fun in the sun, they are still very important. Check them out below:
- Water for hydration – Staying hydrated is key when out on the road. Depending on the distance I am traveling, I always pack at least 1 or 2 bottles of water NOTE: Hydration is key for your body’s performance.
- Sun Screen – Sun Screen is SUPER IMPORTANT especially when out in this South Florida sun for long periods of tie. I had to learn that hard way. LOL! Trust me you ALWAYS want to stay protected.
- Beach Towel – I always keep a towel with me so that we can comfortable lay on the beach and to dry off after getting out of the water.
- Portable Speaker – I always pack my portable speaker. There is something about watching the waves while listening to soft jazz.
- Life Preserver – I am not the best swimmer, so a life preserver is a must. LOL!
- Shades/Hat/Flip Flops – Accessories that protect your skin from that Florida sun is very important. Always take comfortable shoes to walk along the beach. The sand can be really hot.
- Depend® Fit-Flex® Underwear for Women – These are so handy. My mom loves them! They always keep her comfortable and leak free.
- Poise® Liners – Light Absorbency. Same for these. Staying comfortable and leak free is what matters for her to remain confident.
- Mini Camera – Polaroids are a must on the beach. The pics are totally EPIC!
To learn more about Sam’s Club Caregiving visit their Website!
So Sassy Peeps! Are you a caregiver? If so, to who and for how long? Inquiring minds would like to know!
Have A Happy Healthy, and Remember to Always…