*Disclosure: The vehicle was provided to me for testing purposes and editorial consideration. All opinions are 100% my own*
OK, so this week I had a chance to see whats new with the 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 SE Sedan. I was a little nervous considering it hasn’t gotten the best reviews. However, I had fun with the little compact. Although super low key, I couldn’t help but love the color. Not the fastest of the bunch, but I was able to zip in and out of parking spaces that I normally wouldn’t have even bothered trying to occupy. My entire Costco order fit nicely in the trunk, and A++ on the leg room in the front and back seat. Oh and kudos on the great gas mileage and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
So yes, it was/is all good in that part of the neighborhood. However, not so good in others. The things I listed above would only keep my attention for a short period of time. The super sluggish acceleration; 1.2L engine / 78hp @6000 rpm, super mediocre sound system, and super noisy cabin would leave me longing for much more pretty fast, and would force me to pack its bags and send it “to the left, to the left” just as fast. #SorryMitisubishi! Love you guys, but at the price point of 12k; 17K in this case, there is some fierce competition on the market…so gotta step it up a bit!
Keep reading to learn more….
The subcompact sedan comes equipped with 1.2L MIVEC DOHC 12-valve 3-cylinder engine and 5-speed manual transmission or available Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT). It gets 35 mpg city, 42 mpg highway (37 Combined). Annual fuel cost $1,000.00 (You SPEND $2,000.00 more in fuel over 5 years compared to the average new vehicle).
- Sassy colors.
- Spacious 12.3 cubic feet of cargo space.
- Leg room.
- Rearview camera system.
- Awesome climate controls.
- Cruise control.
- Spacious back seat.
- Fuel efficient.
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are optional on the ES and standard on the SE,
- The powertrain has a 10-year/100,000-mile warranty; the corrosion warranty is 7 years/100,000 miles; and roadside assist is 5 years/unlimited miles.
NEED A LITTLE FIX!
- Super sluggish and slow (1.2L MIVEC DOHC 12-valve 3-cylinder, 5-speed manual transmission or available Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)).
- Mediocre sound system.
- Very noisy cabin.
- USB port is in the glove-box.
- Ignition button resides left of the steering column.
- Very limited cabin storage space.
- Priced to high. In my opinion it should be priced somewhere around $9,999.00 max.
Subcompact cars that are compared to the 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage: Ford Fiesta, Chevrolet Sonic, Hyundai Accent, Kia Rio, Volkswagon Jetta
Check out the 2017 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 SE Sedan Walkaround Video Below!
Sassy Peeps, I had fun zipping around town in the Mitsubishi Mirage? What do you think of the vehicle? Inquiring minds want to know!
For more information about the Mitsubishi Mirage visit their website!
Have A Happy Healthy, and Remember to Always…