*Disclosure: The 2018 Ford EcoSport was provided to me for testing purposes and editorial consideration. All opinions are 100% my own*
Hey all you Ford lovers,
I have a question for you! What are your thoughts on the all new 2018 EcoSport? To be honest, I simply love it! Not sure if you read my initial thoughts on the vehicle, which you can find ==> HERE, but I was happy to have another opportunity to drive the crossover for a bit longer, so that I could learn more about the vehicle. Needless to say I was even more pleased with it a second time around.
Keep reading to see what I mean…
As stated in my previous article….
- The Ford EcoSport is a fashion girls dream, simply because it is fun and very fashionable.
- The B&O PLAY™ Premium Audio System by HARMAN will make any audiophile smile. NOTE: This system comes standard in the Titanium, and is optional in other trims.
- The vehicle comes equipped with two fast-charging USB ports, two 12-volt power outlets, and an 110-volt outlet behind the center console, ensuring owners’ of devices are always juiced and stays connected.
- The 2018 EcoSport is available in four trim levels: S, SE, SES and Titanium. The starting price for this vehicle is $19,995.00 (standard base model), price tested = $25,5880.00 (Titanium), and the SES, the most expensive of the four models, starts at $26,740.00. Additionally, the EPA – EST. City/Hwy = 27/29.
- OK Sassy Peeps, one feature that I loved, but wanted more time to experienced was the Spring Gate. This gate swings horizontally like a door rather than vertically like a hatchback! To be honest, since I am so used to the hatchback style gate, it took sometime to get used to it. Originally, I had to think about the positioning of shopping carts, where friends and family stood, etc. etc. Yet, it was nothing that I didn’t get used to fairly quickly.
Press Play below to watch a Ford SME (Subject Matter Expert) demonstrate.
All of the features I discussed above are great! However, since I had the pleasure of getting up close and personal with the vehicle for a little while longer, I discovered a few additionally things that impressed me even more like…
Although this vehicle is subcompact, Ford ensured it has a good amount of storage space. Certainly big enough for a girls trip, luggage and shopping bags.
1.0L Turbo-Charged Engine
To be honest, when I initially heard that this vehicle comes equipped with a standard 1.0L turbo-charged engine I cringed! LOL! All I could think was “Eekkk!” However, and trust me peeps I am surprised I am saying this, the drive on and off the freeway was nothing like I expected. It was actually very pleasant and I didn’t feel a lot of the lagging I usually feel in a lot of the smaller engine vehicles. True, it is one of the slower models, but as stated above it is still a very pleasant driving experience and if you are not looking for speed this is the crossover for you. #WayToGoFord!
Can you say pheromones??? Trust me when I tell you that this little cutie stole the show wherever she went. Yes, I have driven some AMAZING and BADA$$ vehicles, and yes, most, if not all seem to get their fair share of attention. However, there are those FEW that I really think pheromones were mixed in with the paint while on the production line, and this is definitely one. HA! Everywhere she and I went people starred, pointed and asked questions. The ones who loved her the most were the family of three (mom, husband and baby, the college student and sassy single women; such as myself. I also had a few elderly couples ask me about the pricing and comment on the color.
Oh and one last thing! I love, love, love the color of this vehicle! The blue is stunning. It is not only pretty, this color also helped me locate the vehicle whenever I was at the supermarket and I forgot where I parked. Yes, I know that you can click the little horn button on the Key Fob, but I didn’t have too, all I did was look for the blue! 🙂
So there you have it Sassy Peeps! Ford has gone and designed another wonderful vehicle! I would definitely purpose this vehicle and from all of the attention it received, I know others feel the same!
So Sassy Peeps, what are your thoughts on the 2108 Ford EcoSport? Inquiring minds would love to know!
To learn more about the 2018 Ford EcoSport click HERE!