Hello Sassy People:
A few years ago I started following a blog called “Beauty and Everything Else“. Eventually, I met the owner of the blog; Bee. She is a natural beauty, and an amazing makeup artist! So you can imagine, when she agreed to do a Guest Blogger Post, I was extremely excited.
So sit back, and enjoy this amazing tutorial, by this amazing artist.
NEUTRAL SMOKEY EYE WITH A POP OF COLOR
First, let’s applaud Dawn for being so fab!!!
I actually wanted to create a look which will go with every skin tone and eye shape. Also, not a lot of girls like bright colored eyes, but love something that would give a definition. I have deliberately used the MUA undressed palette which is a dupe for the UD Naked palette which a ton of ladies have. Also, in this cheeky Florida heat you want something foolproof which you can tweak as the day goes!
So, let’s get started! 🙂
1. Apply a primer all over your lid.
2. Took shade 1 from the Palette shown below and applied it in the outer corner and crease to define it (any soft brown shade will do).
3. Mixed shades 2 and 3 on a brush and applied on the outer 2/3rd of the lid and in the crease.
4. Blend the heck out of it. Let it go lighter or darker depending on how intense you want it.
5. Take shade 4 and apply it on the brow bone and inner corner as a highlight. Also, take a nice pearly shade [white or pink or mauve] and apply it to the inner 1/3rd of the lid.
6. Apply a blue liner on the lower lash line to deepen it. it’s all about the intensity (you can use any dark color). Take shade 5 on a shade brush and blend the eyeliner to soften the look.
7. Apply a black eyeliner on the upper lid. Give it a tiny flick for some drama.
8. Add a mascara and concealer; and you’re good to go.
Bee’s tip : If you have hooded eyes , like Me, apply shadows with your eyes open looking straight at the mirror. trust me – it will change your eye shape for the better 🙂
Hope you gals like this look? I had great fun doing it!!!!!
You can find me at :
My blog : http://beautyandeverythingelse.com
Twitter : @bNiiontweet
Instagram : bNiioninsta