Happy Holidays My Sassy Friends!
So when I discovered the amazing “Gift and Befriend“ Website I was extremely excited. It is “A new way for people to help people less fortunate than themselves”.
- ‘People in need’ register a profile on the site and this profile is connected to an Amazon Wish List they also create
- On their Amazon Wish List, they save whatever items they need – Clothes, Shoes, School books, Blankets, Household appliances, Mobile phones, Sports wear or Amazon Gift Cards
- Members of the site can then read their Profile, view their Photographs and Videos, and decide to purchase an item(s) from their Amazon Wish List.
- Amazon delivers the gifts directly to the person in need, to a House, School, Church, Charity Office, Friend’s house, etc., so the Giver never has to worry about wrapping or posting the items and the Giver knows with 100% certainty that the Receiver is the person who receives the items.
- A Giver can get to know a Receiver before sending him/her any Gifts by commenting on the Receiver’s blog posts or asking questions.
- Membership of the site is free
- There are no admin fees, so every penny goes on the Receiver of the Gifts
- Receivers can be anyone who is in need of assistance – Poor people in 3rd world countries; Homeless people anywhere in the world; Sick people anywhere in the world; etc
- Anyone can register a profile as a Receiver, but Verification of their status is required before G&B will put the ‘Verified’ badge on their profile. We are always looking for new Receivers and would be interested in hearing from people who can help us with this.
The Benefits of Gift and Befriend:
- You can select and send a Gift from a person in need’s Amazon Wish List directly to them, regardless of where in the world they live.
- You can read about the person in need in their Blog on this site and speak to them over Skype before you send them a gift.
- You can stay in contact and build a friendship with the people to whom you send a gift, if you wish.
- 100% of your money goes on the price of the gift. There are no admin costs and Amazon is the only website on which you spend money. Amazon deliver the gifts directly to the recipients specified address, whether that is their house or a local charity office.
- You can be sure that the gift you send the person in need is something that they have chosen themselves, not something someone else has chosen for them.
- You can select from a wide of range of people in need, from a wide range of countries.
- You can send a gift voucher instead of a physical gift if you prefer, which means the recipient will receive your gift instantly.
Have A Happy Healthy, and Remember to Always…