Disclosure: The ACL Festival tickets were provided to me by Honda for editorial consideration. All opinions are 100% my own*
Hey, Sassy Peeps!
Have you ever experienced a music festival? If not, you may just want to add it to your bucket list! A week ago, I attended the ACL Music Festival in Austin, TX with my friends over at Honda, and I have to say, guys, I had the time of my life! Now I must admit, that although the music played a big part in the experience, it was the entire vibe, including the festival fashion, the people, and the venue that made me feel this way.
View this post on Instagram
The energy is real!!!!! #musicvibes #musicislife🎤🎧🎶 !!! (Press Play)(Sound On) . . Talk about #EDM #rave gone #bananas. It was at least 50k people losing their dance minds to this EDM party. Thanks again to @hondastage @honda for an amazing @aclfestival as #aclsponsor as well as showing us the @honda #clarity plug-in hybrid electric car. #pure fire #allaround #car #itslit #issavibe✨ #solit #musicmovesme #hypedashell . . #Repost @greenlivingguy … . . #acl #aclfest #Ilovemusic #simplysassystyle #traveljournalist #musicvibes #agirlsguidetocars #hondapartner #austincitylimitsmusicfestival #austincitylimits #austintxlife #austinfun #sassytravels #musicmakesmehappy #musicfestivals
What is ACL Music Festival:
The Austin City Limits (ACL) Music Festival is an annual music festival held in Zilker_Park in Astin, TX on two consecutive three-day weekends (October 4th through 6th and 11th through 13th). I attended the last weekend.
ACL has eight stages where musical groups from genres including rock, indie, country, folk, electronic and hip hop perform. The concerts continue from 10 AM to 10 PM on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday during the festival with various stages spread out in the park.
Fun Festival Facts:
- Approximately 450,000 people attend the festival each year.
A Bit of insider:
- Locals informed me that festivaling is a verb. They also said that it is a solo activity unless you find your festivaling tribe (people who love the same type of music you do)! I definitely found mine, @greenlivingguy! Go check him out! 🙂
The music headliners that gave me life:
- Gary Clark Jr.
- @zapatafication / Guitarist in Gary Clark’s band
- Childish Gambino
- Guns N’ Roses
- Slash of Guns N Roses 🙂
- EMD (Electronic dance music)
- Billie Eilish (Although I didn’t get a chance to see her, I wanted to)
- Thom Yorke (First time hearing/seeing this guy and loved, loved, loved him)
View this post on Instagram
Come swing with me! Flower Child Part 2″! 🌻🌺🌼🌷🌷🌼🌺🌻 #festivallife #hebblooms #issavibe✨ . . #Swinglife @honda @hondastage #acl #aclfest #Ilovemusic #simplysassystyle #traveljournalist #musicvibes #agirlsguidetocars #hondapartner #austincitylimitsmusicfestival #austincitylimits #austintxlife #austinfun #flowervibes #sassytravels
The only thing just as important as the music is the festival fashion! When preparing your looks you want to keep these things in mind:
- Cute- You want to keep it cute while incorporating your favorite trendy and fashionable festival pieces into your looks!
- Comfy– Since you are going to do a lot of walking, standing, jumping, dancing and even sitting on the grass at times, plan to wear cute yet comfortable clothing. Clothes that you feel super confident in, but don’t mind getting dirty. Before this experience, festivaling was new to me, so, to be honest, I wasn’t that prepared. However, thank God I had my fave studded boots and black jeans with me because I was able to wear them every day.
- Check Weather– Although it was pretty cool when I arrived in Austin, I heard that it was 98 degrees the day before…Eeekkk! So when festivaling, make sure you know what the weather is going to be like in your area or you will definitely be uncomfortable. And trust me that is the last thing you want while out there vibing. It’s not a good look!
Check out a few of my fave festival looks from this past week!
Have you attended a music festival? If so, what did you wear? Inquiring minds would love to know.
Also, don’t forget to check out my #ACLfestival Highlights! This is where you will get an up-close and personal experience!
Have A Happy Healthy, and Remember to Always…Stay Sassy!