*Disclosure: The 2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid was provided to me for testing purposes and editorial consideration. All opinions are 100% my own*
Ever since Corona happened the world has pretty much been on pause, and the number of miles we are currently driving has definitely declined.
For several of us that means:
- Fewer visits to see family and friends
- Less time commuting
- Working from Home,
- Tons of Zoom calls which include: Girls night out, family visits, work calls, date nights etc. etc.
- No school pickups/play dates
- No mall/spa/beauty salon/nail visits
- Less long-distance journeys
With that being said, we still need to drive for essential needs, such as grabbing groceries from the supermarket, doctors appointments and medical emergencies.
While on these essential runs, we must be very cautious, because we could be potentially transporting the virus from one location to the next. That is why it is essential to not only wash and sanitize your hands, it is also very important to disinfect the interiors of our cars. .
Suitable Cleaning Products
Before my Zoom call with Toyota Enthusiast, Tomas Hoang, I wasn’t sure if I was taking the correct precautions to effectively clean my car during this pandemic. However, after Tomas provided several excellent car care tips, and showed me actually where to to find this information, I am happy to say that I am on the right track. It was also nice knowing that several of the disinfecting products that Toyota suggests using I already had in my home.
We all know that masks, hand sanitizer and gloves are great for preventing the spread/contracting the virus. However, I was a bit surprised that Dawn Dish Washing Liquid is one of the products on Toyota’s suitable disinfecting products list.
Dawn is a product that I use all the time, and since I was just about out I ran to Costco and grabbed another bottle.
Watch Toyota Enthusiast and I discuss the 2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid/Pandemic Car Care Tips.
NOTE: Guys, YES the world is slowly opening back up. However, the Corona Virus numbers are at an ALL TIME HIGH, so please continue to BE SAFE!
Things to know about the 2020 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Limited
- Starting price: $36,880.00
- Mileage estimates (city/highway/combined) – 41/38/40
- Electronic-AWD 2.5L 4-Cyl. Hybrid
- Toyota Safety Sense 2.0 (TSS 2.0)
- Premium Audio with Dynamic Navigation
- JBL includes 8-in., touch-screen
- Android Auto, Apple CarPlay & Amazon Alexa compatible
- SiriusXM with 3-month All Access trial
- SofTex-trimmed heated front seats with 8-way power-adjustable driver’s seat with two-position memory function/lumbar support
- 18-in., 5-spoke super chrome-finished sport alloy wheels
- Digital rear-view mirror with HomeLink
- Surprising Performance – The instant torque of an electric motor allows a smoother and more refined acceleration.
- Fewer Service Visits – The THSD (Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive) helps to reduce how often other areas of the car needs servicing. Example: To help recharge the batteries, hybrids use a process called regenerative braking, cutting down the brake wear.
- Better Reliability – Traditional engines have a lot of moving parts and are very complex. Electric motors have only one part, the motor itself. Example: The air conditioning compressor is driven by an electric motor in hybrids, making the traditional engine work less, improving long-term reliability.
- Prove Safety – Hybrid systems are designed to be just as safe as traditional systems thanks to the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards. Note: Cables are insulated, batteries are sealed and fail-safes deactivate the system in the event of collision or short circuit.
- Sustainable Future – Hybrids produce less CO2 (carbon dioxide) emissions. #GoGreen
- Extra Credit: There are government incentive programs that use credits and special discounts to support the purchase and use of hybrid vehicles.
Thank you Toyota for another amazing experience, and Tomas for providing so much valuable information.