*Disclosure: The 2022 Hyundai Tucson (gas and hybrid) and lodging were provided to me for testing purposes and editorial consideration. All opinions are 100% my own*
A few weeks ago Hyundai introduced the all-new redesigned 2022 Tucson, in Tucson, AZ. Cool right?!? Yeah, I thought so too! While there I had the opportunity to experienced the city, along with this SUV for the first time, and I have to admit that both are pretty impressive.
The fourth-generation Tucson is longer, wider, and taller than the 2021 model. Giving it a fresh, eye catching and modern new look. Additionally, the cabin is very spacious and you can’t go wrong with the game-changing technology and up-graded safety features.
Amongst many notable changes/upgrades, the brand also added a hybrid and plug-in hybrid for the first time. Keep reading to check out a few of my favorite things about the all new 2022 Hyundai Tucson Limited Hybrid Compact SUV.
5 Things I Love About The Hybrid Compact SUV
1. The Grille
The grille caught my eye instantly. It is bold, striking and very hard to miss. On the day that I drove the vehicle, several other journalists tested out a Tucson as well. While out on the road, I could tell when a newly designed model was heading my way, based solely on that magnificent looking grille.
2. Push Button Gear Selector
One thing I know about myself is that I am a creature of habit. It took me so long to get with the whole streaming music trend, and trust me when I say I was no fan of Netflix. Then something clicked about a year ago and I now I’m obsessed with both.
Same thing has happened with the push button gear selector. It took me a while, but I am totally on board with it replacing the traditional shift lever. It gives it a cool futuristic feeling and I am here for the change.
3. Handles Well On Road
Based on the photos shown in this post, you can probably tell that I took full advantage of my drive time with the all-new compact SUV.
I am fairly new to the Hyundai brand so when I got behind the wheel of the Tucson for the first time I really didn’t know what to expect. When getting inside I initially noticed the spacious/comfortable cabin and the 10.25 display touchscreen navigation system. I am definitely a sucker for a large display screen, but when it comes equipped with a user-friendly Navi I am pretty much sold in that area.
After settling into the vehicle, it was time to explore Tucson. I was perfectly fine staying on the assigned drive route, but after experiencing the compact SUV’s nicely weighted steering and road-holding, I ventured off course a bit, well a lot! 😊
The 2022 Tucson Hybrid, comes equipped with a standard, yet powerful 1.6L turbo engine (HTRAC All Wheel Drive) making drive time fun, easy and very pleasant. Although I am a journalist, I’m still ALL about doing it for the gram. So I googled “Instagramable places in Tucson, AZ”, and before I knew it I was in Downtown Tucson taking pics of some really insane murals. From there I stopped by San Xavier District and a few other cool spots.
Note: When out exploring, using the navigation system is best. However, for an extra layer of safety, I always ensure my phone is fully charged in case I need to access Google Maps. There is nothing wrong with pulling out your phone to feel as comfortable as possible while exploring new territory.
Exploring the Sonora Desert in the Hybrid Compact SUV
4. Blind-Spot View Monitor Safety Feature
The 2022 Tucson Hybrid Limited comes equipped with several advanced driving features, all pretty impressive and very important. One that stood out the most is the snazzy blind-spot view monitor safety feature. When you flick the turn signal, a display screen pops up on the dash showing what is on the side of the vehicle where you are turning.
Hyundai SmartSense Features
- Forward collision warning with automatic emergency braking and pedestrian detection. – Standard on all trims
- Driver attention warning – Standard on all trims
- Lane keeping assist – Standard on all trims
- Lane follow assist – Standard on all trims
- Blind-spot view monitor – Standard on Limited trim
- Highway driving assist – Standard on Limited trim
- Rear cross-traffic collision-avoidance assist – Standard on SEL, Blue, N Line, and Limited trims
- Smart cruise control w/ stop & go – Standard on SEL, Blue, N-Line, and Limited trims
- Rear occupant alert – Standard on SE, SEL, and Blue trims
- Blind-spot collision-avoidance assist – Standard on SEL, N-Line, and Limited Trims
5. 2022 Tucson Hybrid Compact SUV Warranty
This one may be a surprise to some of you, but for me a good warranty is extremely important when making a large investment. The last thing I want to worry about is spending more money than necessary to maintain my vehicle. Additionally, the type of warranty provided by a company definitely says a lot about the confidence the company has in its product.
From what I gathered during my research Hyundai’s warranty is not only really GOOD…but actually amongst the best in the compact-SUV market. Check out what they have to offer in terms of a warranty for the redesigned 2022 Hyundai Tucson.
- 5 years/60,000 miles
- New Vehicle Limited
- 10 years/100,000 miles
- Powertrain Limited
- 7 years/unlimited miles
- 5 years/unlimited miles
- 24/7 Roadside Assistance
- 3 years or 36,000 miles
- Complimentary Maintenance
- 10 years/100,000 miles
- Hybrid/Electric Battery
Models and Trim Levels
The compact SUV comes in 9 trim levels:
- SE = Starting MSRP: $24,590.00
- SEL =Starting MSRP: $26,500.00
- Limited = Starting MSRP: $34,700.00
- Hybrid Blue = Starting MSRP: $29,050.00
- Hybrid SEL Convenience = Starting MSRP: $31.650.00
- Hybrid Limited = Starting MSRP: $37,350.00 – (Vehicle Tested)
- 1.6L turbocharged GDI 4-cylinder Hybrid engine
- 37 Combined, 36 City/ 37 Highway
- HTRAC All Wheel Drive (Hyundai TRAC = Allows you to drive with ease and control in any weather condition).
- 10.25-inch touchscreen navigation system
- Panoramic sunroof
- Surround View & Blind-Spot View Monitor
- Remote Start Parking Assist
- Parking Distance Warning (front and rear)
- Heated Steering Wheel & Rear Seats
- N Line = Starting MSRP: $30,600.00
- Plug-in Hybrid Blue = Coming Soon
- Plug-In Hybrid Limited =Coming Soon
It’s no secret that I am all about adventure, and my time with the redesigned 2022 Hyundai Tucson proved to be that and much more. I am definitely impressed with the new and bold direction the brand has taken with this compact SUV.
What do you like most about this Hybrid compact SUV? Inquiring minds would love to know.
For more information about this hybrid compact SUV HERE!
Have A Happy Healthy, and Remember to Always…Stay Sassy!