As you guys know I absolutely love looking at, smelling and sitting by large bodies of water. During the summer I sit poolside or go to the beach a lot! However, you may notice that I never talk about how I feel after a nice swim. I am embarrassed to say that I never took the time to learn. Even though both my brothers swim like fish, I didn’t think it was important until I moved to Florida. I have now added it to my bucket list. 🙂
When I chill poolside I want to ensure I am dressed appropriately so I always take into account the environment. On this particular day, I had the pleasure of experiencing the LEGOLAND Hotel pool area. Since this is a family-friendly environment I went for my Romeo and Juliet full length maxi dress. I love it because I am covered, comfortable and still sassy.
See below for a few basic things I consider when heading out to a specific location or event:
- Prepare In Advance – There is nothing worse than feeling the stress of trying to throw a fab look together last minute. It pays off when you set time assign to put together a sassy look.
- Always Consider The Weather/Climate – Ninety percent of the time South Florida weather demands light weight, colorful and feminine pieces.
- Consider Who Will Be Attending – Family-Friendly calls for a totally different look then Adult-Friendly.
- Focus On The Activities – When lounging poolside a nice light-weight maxi works perfectly. However, not so much when rock climbing or jet skiing.
- Avoid “Wardrobe Malfunctions”– Most times simplicity is key! I always try to wear something that is super cute yet simple to help avoid tears and breaks.
- Don’t “DO NEW” – You may be wondering what I mean. Well, I noticed that my confidence level is not as high when I run out and buy a new outfit, rather then wear something that I already have in my closet. There’s something about the familiarity of a sassy oldie but goodie that allows me the confidence needed when working the room. However, this scenario doesn’t always work, but a lot of times when I “DO NEW” I am off the entire evening; simply by worrying about how what I am wearing looks or fits. It may sound superficial but it’s true! It needs to be broken in! LOL
- Google it – If you are not sure what to wear “Google it”! There is nothing wrong with googling a look! I have done this many times. It will usually give you great ideas on the appropriate attire for the occasion/event.
- Rock It – Last but not least ROCK IT! Make sure you wear something that you are completely comfortable in so that you can rock it. However, nothing is 100%. If you get to an event and you are over-dressed, under-dressed or missed the mark completely hold your head high and ROCK IT anyway! People will respect you for your great and sassy attitude!
For more about the resort and to make a reservation visit: LEGOLANDHotel.com
Have A Happy Healthy, and Remember to Always…