*Disclosure: The 2020 Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport (mid-size SUV) was provided to me for testing purposes and editorial consideration. All opinions are 100% my own*
A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to get behind the wheel of the 2020 Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport AWD. After a few days with the vehicle, I determined that this bold and sporty mid-size SUV is a stylized version of the seven-seat Atlas. In addition to being stylish, it is also comfortable, practical and an overall good fit…
A good fit for who?
- Families who love to go on road trips
- Consumers who are very active and always on the go
- Small families/Singles who need large cargo areas
- Buyers that reside in areas with challenging road conditions
What makes the mid-size SUV a good fit?
- Innovative technology
- Spacious 2nd rear sitting (3 feet of rear legroom)
- Extremely large cargo space (77.8 cubic ft of cargo space with rear seats folded down)
- Fender Premium Auto
- Touchscreen Navigation System
- Wireless smart phone charger
- Available Towing capacity (When properly equipped with a factory-installed towing hitch, the 3.6L V6 engine can tow up to 5,000 lbs with ease)
Due to the whole social distancing thing I wasn’t able to grab my gal pals for a day of shopping or take a road trip to Orlando with my mom. However, I did manage to put the amble cargo space to use by taking a mini solo road trip and hitting up Costco a few times.
To be completely honest, if this were pre-pandemic I would have loved to utilize this mid-size 5-passenger SUV to the fullest. As stated above the cargo space is huge so even after I loaded my things there was still room for additional luggage, shopping bags, a whole kid. 🙂 OK. OK. I might be exaggerating slightly but y’all get the picture.
Keep reading to learn why 2020 Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport is equipped to fit several different lifestyles…
The 2020 Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport AWD has a starting price of starting MSRP: $30,545, and is offered in several trim levels, packages and engine choices.
The 2.0 SEL 4MOTION (vehicle tested) has a MSRP price of $41,445.00, and gets 23 mpg city and 18 mpg highway. See below for more details…
- SEL Premium
- 4Motion all-wheel drive (AWD)
- Technology package
- R-Line design package
- 2.0L 4-cylinder engine
- 3.6L V6 engine
The Atlas Cross Sport is packed with top of the line technology. Which is great because staying connected is extremely important on and off the road.
- Wireless smartphone charger
- Rear View Camera System front USB data ports, 1 center USB charging port and 2 rear USB charging ports
- Composition Media touchscreen sound system with 8″ color display, proximity sensor
- MP3/WMA-compatible CD player, AM/FM/HD radio, and voice control
- SiriusXM All Access with 3-month trial subscription
- Volkswagen Car-Net Safe & Secure with paid subscription
- 115V power outlet
- Volkswagen Car-Net Remote Access with 5-years standard
- Volkswagen Car-Net Hotspot with 1-month/1GB trial subscription
- Rear Traffic Alert
- Bluetooth technology with audio streaming for compatible devices
- Fender Premium, Auto System
4MOTION with Active Control:
The 4MOTION with Active Control is another cool and user-friendly feature that adds to the diversity of this mid-size SUV. The dial, allows you to switch between four different all-wheel-drive modes (Snow, On-Road, Off-Road, Off-Road Custom Mode).
- Snow Mode – Helps keep the SUV in a lower RPM range and helps prevent too much power from going to the wheels too quickly.
- On-Road Mode – Keep dial to the mode when driving in good conditions on paved roads.
- Off-Road Mode – Can help maintain traction on tough and challenging road surfaces.
- Off-Road Custom Mode – The driver can choice different parameters like steering and AWD.
Driver Assistance Features:
The Driver Assistance Features helps with confidence while on the road.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) – Helps the vehicle maintain a preset speed and distance from the car in front of you.
- Blind Spot Monitor – Alerts you when other cars are in your blind spot.
- Light Assist – Can help to provide optimum visibility on dark roads.
- Lane Assist – Senses if you start to drift into another lane without using your turn signal (Must be moving above 37 mph).
- Area View – The Overhead View Camera provides you with a better view of whats around your vehicle.
- Park Assist – Determines if a parking spot is big enough for your car.
- Park Distance Control with Maneuver Braking – Sensors that can help you back out of or drive into a parking spot.
- Front Assist – Monitors traffic and can alert you acoustically and visually to a potential rear-end collision with the vehicle moving ahead.
- Rear Traffic Alert – Sensors that can alert you to detected vehicles crossing in your path when in reverse.
Remote Power Lift-Gate
Although I used the keyfob most times to open and close the lifegate automatically, there is also a power liftgate button located directly next to the latch on the trunk. Hitting this button will automatically close the gate as well.
Check out the Power Lift-Gate at work on the 2020 Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport by clicking link below.
View this post on Instagram
. #LoveVW #handsfreeliftgate #roadtripready #adventressmagazine #befearlesslyyou #travelgoals #travelvibes @sassyautochicks #solotraveling #volkswagenatlas #crosssport #suvabeauty #befearlesslyyou #volkswagenatlas #crosssport #suvabeauty #vwatlas #vdublife #vwlovers❤ #vwlover #volkswagensport #suvlife #suvsofinstagram #suvs #shedrives #sassyautochicks #automotivegram #automotives
Sassy Peeps, what are your thoughts on the mid-size SUV? Inquiring minds want to know!
For more information about the 2020 Volkswagen Atlas Cross Sport visit the Volkswagen website!
Have A Happy Healthy, and Remember to Always…